Tuesday 11 August 2015

What I Hope To Learn in CS3216

I'm pretty excited for this semester. I expect CS3216 to be packed with assignments and projects. I'm mentally preparing myself for it. There are three main lessons I'm hoping to take away from taking this course.

Creativity
I hope that I'll be able to learn how to create fun and interesting applications for people. Being in CS3216, an environment for all the creative and hardworking students, I hope that we will be able to share and exchange different ideas. Perhaps we will be able to shape our ideas and have a clearer idea of how to go about thinking of applications to build.

Time Management and Quality of Work
CS3216 sounds like it's going to be hectic and will involve lots of projects and assignments. I hope to be able to learn to manage my time more effectively to handle both the rigour of this module and the other modules I'm taking. Of course, we should also maintain the quality of our work and codes while we're at it. Especially since we will be working with other people, there is that additional pressure of not wanting to let the team down, along with our own passion to get the work done.

Working well in teams
Finally, I hope to learn how to work effectively in different teams. Since the projects are done in teams, there will always be a variety of levels of skills and work ethics for each project. I want to be a good member to my group. Perhaps the Saturday workshops can serve me well to catch up to those who might have more skill than me in certain areas.

Let's hit the ground running. =]

1 comment:

  1. Awesome, remember to post your thoughts for this week too. :)

    Colin.

    ReplyDelete